The products of tempered glass insulators are composed of iron caps, tempered glass parts and steel feet, and are bonded together with cement binder.
Glass insulators have the following characteristics:
(1)机械强度高,比瓷绝缘子的机械强度高 1~2 倍.
(1) High mechanical strength, 1-2 times higher than that of ceramic insulators.
(2) It has stable performance and is not easy to ageing, and its electrical performance is higher than that of ceramic insulators.
(3) Fewer production processes, shorter production cycle, easy to mechanize and automate production, and high production efficiency.
(4) Because of the transparency of glass insulators, it is easy to find small cracks and various internal defects or damages during external inspection.
(5)绝缘子的玻璃本体如有各种缺陷时,玻璃本体会自动破碎,称为“自破”. 绝缘子自破后,铁帽残锤仍然保持一定的机械强度悬挂在线路上,线路仍 然可以继续运行.当巡线人员巡视线路时,很容易发现自破绝缘子,并及 时更换新的绝缘子.由于玻璃绝缘子具有这种“自破”的特点,所以在线 路运行过程中,不必对绝缘子进行预防性试验,从而给运行带来很大方便.
(5) When the glass body of insulator has various defects, the glass body will break automatically, which is called "self-breaking". After the insulator breaks, the hammer of the iron cap remains a certain mechanical strength hanging on the line, and the line can continue to run. When the line inspector inspects the line, it is easy to find the self-breaking insulator and replace the new insulator in time. Edge. Because glass insulators have the characteristics of self-breaking, it is unnecessary to carry out preventive tests on insulators during the operation of the circuit, which brings great convenience to the operation.
(6) Glass insulators are light in weight. Due to manufacturing technology and other reasons, the "self-breaking" rate of glass insulators is higher, which is the fatal defect of glass insulators.